Unorthodox Game Developer
The Somewhat Useful Company is a startup formed for the creation of innovative gameplay titles. The directing staff have over fifteen years of console and mobile game development experience.
We are building a new console title that explores the boundaries between art and games and need assistance in prototyping.
Your role at The Somewhat Useful Company
We are looking for a vocal and self-driven software developer to help us build out a new kind of musical expression. We prototype in Unity and write our core technology libraries in Rust and C++.
What you build may vary on your experience and the phase of the project, but can include:
- Prototyping rhythmic gameplay interactions in C# and C++
- Building user interfaces with Unity
- Creating synesthetic connections through a concert of sound, light, and haptic feedback
Collaborating in an agile environment through a feedback loop of lightweight granular task management. As a member of a very small team you will be working on many aspects of the project, and the ability to investigate and acquire new skills quickly will benefit you greatly.
- Completion of a degree in Computer Science or similar
- Confidence in programming C# or C++, with a value on safe, reusable code
- Excellent English communication
- Highly motivated and self-driven problem-solving skills
- A love of games and expressive interfaces
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with console development
- Experience in music production or theory
- Experience in graphic or UX design
Please include a copy of your resume’ along with a cover letter when applying. Don’t spend your precious dev hours working on something that’s been done a hundred times before, come to the cutting edge of collaborative gameplay with Somewhat Useful!
The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have an office in Gamla Stan that you will be working from.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your resume and we will get back to you.
Do you know someone who might be interested in this position? Recommend them and earn a finder’s fee at Included Works.